Monday, 6 June 2011

Monday Eye Candy: Science Fiction Stories, February 1959

Science Fiction Stories - February 1959

Firstly I must apologise for dropping the ball on Friday, there was no Eye Candy post as I was both quite busy and fairly exhausted.

Anyway, on with the show, today we have Science Fiction Stories from 1959. This wins my award for most absurd cover ( at least until I find something even worse). We all accept the ridiculous skin tight space suits and bubble helmets from that period, after all they do show off the space babes figures so very well, however these two don’t even bother with gloves!

Then we have the raft, cannon, propulsion system, flag flapping in the wind and well… you get my point. Still, something about the painting is really quite attractive, the style of painting and colours are vivid and remind me of children's  books from the 1940’s and 50’s, where this kind of lack of reality would have been much more acceptable.


Monday Eye Candy is Pulp themed, offering beautiful artwork to inspire and amuse!

Wednesday Eye Candy is sculptural, offering some of my favourite figure sculpts and models!

Friday Eye Candy features painting and visual images that capture the imagination and offer inspiration!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...