Friday, 22 April 2011

Friday Eye Candy: Patrol a painting by Ignacio Bazan Lazcano

patrol_by_neisbeis-d3dzagu

I am not a great fan of the concept of giant robot battle suits (Mecha), after all they are invariably slow moving, inherently unstable (at least the two legged varieties) and basically make a nice big target on the battlefield! Having said that, when it comes to artwork, movies and wargames I tend to think that they certainly have a place, after all they can look really “COOL” (for want of a better phrase).
The battle suit in this painting (and indeed the troops at it’s feet) reminds me very much of Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40K Tau battle-suits (I have a large Tau army – and a separate Kroot army).
The shear feeling of power this painting and also the complex mix of machinery and cityscape suggests a very dangerous scenario. A very simple image that on one level is simply another “picture of a giant robot”, but when looked at more closely has real depth and tells a story….
If this were a book cover I would read it!
For more artwork by Ignacio Bazan Lazcano, check out his website HERE.
He also has a gallery on Deviant Art HERE.

Just a separate issue, I have not had time to finish many of my model making/wargaming projects recently. Between parents visiting for a week or so and also it being the busiest time of year at work (students reaching hysterical levels as they approach end of year assessments etc.) I have either not had any free time or been too exhausted to look at any hobby projects.
I do have several things lined up and hope to bring you a few new articles very soon, so please keep dropping by to see what’s new…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...