Saturday, 25 December 2010

Geeky Christmas!

To those that celebrate Christmas I hope you had a good one.

Although I am not personally a Christian, I enjoy the time, sharing a day of reflecting on the joy that is my family! We still do most of the traditional Christmas things (my wife is a Christian), presents, crackers etc.

This year, unfortunately, my wife has had to work a late shift and so we have not had our Christmas dinner yet. We will do that tomorrow, so it effectively stretches the celebration to two days!

Anyway, back to my geeky side. This year has proved quite good for the geeky gifts. Firstly my wife gave me The Book of Eli on DVD and also a book entitled Kill or Cure by Rebecca Levene, which is the second book in the Afterblight Chonicles from Abaddon Books (I just finished the first one about a month ago). So that satisfies my Post Apocalyptic interests. My brother gave me three novels that I had not heard of, all of which look excellent:- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Holmes by Loren D. Estleman (The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes from Titan Books) and  The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder, which both fit into my current interest for Steampunk fiction. Finally, The Quiet War by Paul McAuley, which will fit nicely into my occasional reading list of Space Opera.

On the wargaming side of things I am very pleased. I received a pack of Armourfast 1/72 scale Cromwell's from a friend and also a 15mm  ARC Fleet MkI Heavy Grav Tank kit from Critiacl Mass Games from another friend.


My wife also picked up some Critical Mass Games ARC Fleet figures for me, which is great as I have just finished painting my first batch of these figures and vehicles and am ready to get on with another lot.


Finally on a semi geeky level, my wife also picked up the latest Bill Bailey DVD, Dandelion Mind, which should brighten up a dull evening sometime after the festivities are over.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...