Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Book Review: Soul Stealers by Andy Remic



This is the second book in The Clockwork Vampire Chronicles. With the first book, Kell's Legend, Andy Remic was hailed as a worth successor to David Gemmell. Now although I really enjoyed Kell's Legend I had my reservations about comparing Remic with Gemmell. That book was good and a fun read, but something about it just didn't put it in the same class as David Gemmell.

This new book however and changed my mind, I am not much of a fantasy reader any more, much preferring science fiction these days. I even find it a struggle to pick up one of my Robert E. Howard collection, however after reading Soul Stealers I will have no problem picking up Remic's next fantasy book and reading it straight off.

I will say that Soul Stealers continues the story that started in Kell's Legend, so if you haven't read that one, read it first. That is the one thing I don't like about the series, it is one story carried over multiple books, there is no end at the end of Kell's Legend, and no real end at the end of Soul Stealers. This is an on going saga, so don't expect to read one book and walk away satisfied.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...