Here is a Meme I have just seen on Calvin’s Canadian Cave of Coolness, I just had to give it a go!
1. Most Loved Food – Chilli, homemade, can’t be beat!
2. Most Loved Person (s) – OK, clearly this is gonna be my wife and 2 sons! She is always there for me and is far more reliable than I am, just a darling! My boys are generally good, although they do have there moments, but even when they are being terrors, I enjoy every minute.
3. Most Loved Job – Figure Sculpting, it gives me great pleasure and I really find it quite relaxing. My present job also offers some satisfaction, mixing my vocation (model making) with helping students with some interesting and complex problems!
4. Most Loved City – I’m not a great one for loving cities! Never really found one that I have fallen in love with. I suppose my heart lies in Coventry, although I will readily admit it has many flaws!
5. Most Loved Band – The Icicle Works, although there are many others bubbling just underneath, including The Rainmakers, The Men They Couldn’t Hang and The Atomic Swindlers. If it included solo artists there would be no contest David Bowie would win hands down!
7. Most Loved TV Program – Babylon 5 and Blake’s 7 both rank as number one! I love space opera and I am proud to admit it! Looking at current shows I suppose The Big Bang Theory and The Mighty Boosh rank fairly high!
8. Most Loved Movie – Blade Runner, Ridley Scott’s classic, hard Science Fiction with film noir style, beautifully photographed, well acted and with a stunning Vangelis soundtrack. One of the few films to really take Science Fiction seriously!
9. Most Loved Artist – John William Waterhouse, I have always loved the Pre-Raphaelites, I suppose they appeal to my romantic side!
10. Most Loved Book – Dune, it introduced my to hard science fiction, not long after I saw Star Wars in 1977. The sequels (and now prequels as well) are pretty flawed, but Dune itself is a masterpiece. I am not as fast a reader as I would like to be, but at the age of 12 I consumed this rather think book in 4 or 5 days!
11. Most Loved Shop – Plan 9, the comic and genre shop in Aberdeen. This would have gone to Andromeda the Science Fiction bookshop in Birmingham, UK, but unfortunately it closed down in 2002!
I spent many many hours scanning the shelves in Andromeda, met several authors there, including David Gemmell, Brian Lumley(who talked me into buying a rather expensive collectors edition of one of his books) and Terry Pratchett.
12. Most Loved Organization – The World Wide Fund For Nature, I’ve been a member for years. I don’t really do much for them other than cough up my fees, but I think they are well worth supporting as they do a very important and necessary job!
14. Most Loved Sport – Sport has never played a great part in my life, I can’t say I actually watch any sports at all. I used to do some archery and competed in a few regional competitions (never actually won anything though). That’s me, second from the left, at my old archery clubs (Hinckley Archers) field shoot, many years ago!
15. Most Loved Piece of Technology – iRiver H320 multi-codec music jukebox. My first high-end MP3 player. I still love my H320, although I tend to not use it so often now. This thing would play video a year before Apple brought out their video iPod. Nowadays it seems like a bit of a brick, but quality-wise it still can’t be beat!
16. Most Loved annual event – Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes Night, November 5th). I really enjoy taking the boys to see the firework displays. Also it is good to instil a sense of history into them.
- Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
- The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
- I know of* no reason
- Why the Gunpowder Treason
- Should ever be forgot.
- Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
- To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
- Three-score barrels of powder below
- To prove old England's overthrow;
- By God's providence he was catch'd (or by God's mercy*)
- With a dark lantern and burning match.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring. (Holla*)
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
17. Most Loved Daily Task – Daily tasks don’t usually fit the “loved” category, simply by there nature of being tasks! I suppose my morning shower, is probably the most loved daily task. It is great to slowly wake up in the shower and come out feeling invigorated ready for the day!
18. Most Loved Comedian – Bill Bailey – Funny, a talented musician and really quite geeky!