Friday, 19 December 2008

Work Christmas Party: Turkey in the Ceramics Kiln!

We had our Christmas party today at work.

Basically the technical staff from the art school (I worked there for 15 years before moving to the School of Architecture, got together in the Ceramics workshop and had a full Christmas Dinner, turkey, roast veg, brussel sprouts etc.

We cooked off the turkey in the ceramics kiln and the veg in one of the glass fusing kilns (they were both fairly heavily cleaned out first I must add!

Anyway, we had a great time and were all suitably stuffed afterwards!

Here are a few photos!

PICT0009

Phil and Kelly checking the "turkey kiln"

PICT0013

Done just to perfection!

PICT0018

Roast Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips and (in the foil) Brie with garlic cloves!

PICT0021

All followed by home-made Profiteroles.

2 comments:

eamon said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

ironmammoth said...

Eamon, Thanks for the comment. Glad you are enjoying reading my random musings!

This blog grew out of my podcast, and my wanting to post about things that were not on topic in the podcast, so it can be quite random!

I am planning to settle into a bit more of a direction in 2009. Or at least add some kind of theme to the mix!

More about that in a forthcoming post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...