Monday, 3 March 2008

Very moving music!

I have just been working at my PC with Windows Media Player set to shuffle all the music on my PC.

Just now, up came Father's Wrong by The Men They Couldn't Hang. Now, I have played the album that this track came off of (probably) hundreds of times, but I don't think I have actually heard it in 4 or 5 years.

In the meantime I have become a father twice!

The theme of the song is child abuse, and it is a very moving and, frankly, disturbing song. However, even though I have heard the song many times before, I don't think it has ever had the impact on me that it has just had.

The difference the perspective of actually being a parent has on listening to Father's Wrong is immense!

I will find it hard to listen to it again in future.

1 comment:

ironmammoth said...

This is getting depressing!

I just finished writing this post and on to WMP shuffle comes Amelia by The Mission!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...