Wednesday, 5 March 2008

PC Troubles!

Monday evening my user profile on my desktop (VISTA) PC at home corrupted.

The main problem is, of course, this is the admin profile for my PC. I can still login and use the machine through my wife's profile, but that is only set up as a user account (no admin rights).

It seems like I am going to have to reinstall Windows to sort this out as I can't get any admin access to set up another Admin profile! I have managed to move most of the files into the public folder (using the Command line) but I'm still not sure if I will be able to get them off of the machine before I reinstall Windows.

Fortunately I mainly use that machine for internet access, so there was nothing to precious on it, just a few important emails that I may not be able to recover!

 

So here is a tip for anyone with a Vista PC, set up an extra Admin profile on your machine, just in case your main profile corrupts. Then, at least you will be able to access and work on rebuilding your PC!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...